Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Still making lunches......

Someone messaged me and asked if I was still making Jacob lunches. The answer is yes! We have out grown our food allergies but his lunches are still pretty interesting. :)

My lunch packing advice:

1. keep it simple! yes, cutting food into shapes is cute but can you make that happen is 3 minutes! That is my timeline for lunches.....3 minutes is my max for how long it should take.

2. Don't worry if they are always eating the same things.

3. There is nothing wrong with the school lunch. Just want to put that out there, I am sure most assume I make his lunch because I hate the school lunch. Totally not true, allergies as a kid meant he couldn't eat the school lunch and now he has a specific taste (notice I didn't use picky) LOL!

4. Follow food safety! if it is hot, keep it hot. If it is cold, keep it cold.

5. Picture: the yumbox (we have had it i think for 2-3 years now, the same one), these ice packs are awesome, pottery barn for lunch bag.

6. It isn't quantity, it is quality. I stick to protein, vegetable, fruit, little candy, and almond milk or water. Yes, this is plenty for a kid and my kid is kind of huge. Think nutrient rich.

7. Our lunch regulars are: hot dog, pepperoni, peas, corn, carrots, broccoli, apple, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, raisins and a little bit of candy. I just combine these items every day and bam a lunch is made. It would include a sandwich but my kid refuses to eat a sandwich. A sandwich will fit where the peas are located.

This lunch is simple truth frozen peas (still frozen), applegate hot dog (cold), Raisins and candy corn with almondmilk in the thermos.

Hope this helps! Most importantly, do what works best for your family!



No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive