Monday, May 5, 2014

Family of.......

Tonight Steve and I attended an informational meeting in regards to foster/adoption. WOW! 

Those that know us know that we got married and never wanted kids. The Lord totally changed our hearts and we had JW. I guess I have never been certain we would always be a family of three but I was certain we would not have anymore biological children. So we trusted The Lord and committed to raising an only child. The Lord had individually readied our hearts for adoption. I remember Steve and I talking about it on the way to Easter service at LSCC. I was so excited but trying to not freak Steve out by my excitement. I'm going to say after the meeting tonight we are pretty certain this is the way The Lord is leading us to grow our family. 

I suppose one of the greatest things about walking with The Lord and trusting him is that life just tends to unfold before you and The Lord enables you to keep walking. 

So.....adoption. I'm terrified yet eager. I'm willing yet hesitant. I get tearful just thinking about it and I don't really know why. I'm excited! All of a sudden my heart longs for a big family! Holy Spirit you are beyond amazing. 

What will this look like for us? Only God really knows!  But in order to look back and see a year from now what we thought I'll jot it down. What we are initially thinking/feeling is 1-3 kiddos, all boys would be great, ages 2-4, race doesn't matte, domestic adoption. It will be cool to read this in a year and see how The Lord grew our family. 

First step is filling out application with Buckner international. 

I'm going to try to record our process, books we read, and how we are preparing JW. 

The Lord never fails!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to hear how this process goes for you guys! My heart has been leaning towards adoption for a while now :) so happy for you guys and pray that you can cherish every step of the process...even the hard parts! May he give you wisdom, strength, and patience for the long road ahead!

cougarhoogs said...

I've got chills just thinking about how WONDERFUL a journey this will be for y'all!!! So excited! I know it may be difficult, but it would be really great if you could post all about each step. I'm SO interested and would love to hear all about it. The Lord is so good!

Unknown said...

This is awesome! Excited to see your family grow and see what the Lord has in store for you.

Followers

Blog Archive